Risultati da 1 a 4 di 4

Discussione: C.A.M.P. TRAINING by Kevin English

Predefinito C.A.M.P. TRAINING by Kevin English

Nel maldestro tentativo di aggiornare e sistemare il mio thread del 2009 dove illustravo il metodo, ho cancellato la discussione e pure le rep annesse.

Vediamo di fare una cosa fatta per bene quindi...

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Kevin English Visualizza Messaggio
    C.A.M.P.
    Cycling Activates Muscle Production
    Designed by,
    Kevin English, Mr. "202" Olympia, IFBB PRO Bodybuilder
    Dr. Michael Camp, CSCS, PES, OCS

The training theory behind our program is based on the concept of periodization. This is the cycling of reps, intensity, and exercises to maximize performance without hitting plateaus. We have read many programs on the internet, all have some points, BUT there is only one thing that determines how far you are going to go. GENETICS!! Science has classified three body types, Mesomorph, Ectomorph, and Endomorph. During Dr. Camp's college years at The University of Maryland, the number one Kinesiology and Exercise Physiology program in the country, research was performed using muscle biopsies. They were looking for a certain gene in muscular individuals vs. non-muscular subjects, and they found it! Modern Science has significantly helped in the performance and metamorphose of today's athletes. But, you still have to have an underlying genetic disposition to be a professional athlete, otherwise we could all be Mr. Olympias, hit 60 home runs, or rush for 2000 yd in the NFL etc..
    So what stimulates muscle growth? Extensive research has been done confirming that the body is composed of different fiber types, Type I, IIa and IIb, each contracting at different rates. The research also supports that muscle is contracted by the nervous system as an "all or none" principle. Every athlete has a genetic disposition for their physical makeup, but exercise and training can have a profound impact on changing muscle.
    Now we have read on the internet about MANY programs out there and everyone supposedly has the best program ever created. But the program that I have found that works best is Periodization! It's been around forever and basically hit's the nail on the head...KEEP CHANGING THINGS! So this program is nothing new, BUT is developed to a deeper level using the latest research from Kinesiology, Biomechanics, Strength and Conditioning, Exercise Physiology and Physical Therapy.
    Concepts such as forced reps, negatives, drop-sets, pre-exhausts, super-sets, compound sets, partials, band training, chains...and everything Mike and I have researched and experienced in over 15 years, is utilized in this program. The way in which these techniques are used must be written and planned out to remain in a positive training environment. Research PROVES that the human body WILL NOT respond to the same training technique week after week. So much is involved, basically the nervous system is the first to change, then this causes a neural-hormonal response and then this affects the muscle.
    The program we designed also includes INJURY PREVENTION and ANATOMICAL TRAINING. Our program addresses one of the driving factors behind injuries which are muscle imbalances and incorrect training. Mike and I have also included "down days" which we will go into as well. Bodybuilders split their routines to train different body parts. Our program split is as follows:
    Sunday- Chest and Shoulders (Anterior & Side Delts and Traps) Reason the shoulder muscles and pectoralis muscles have common functions.
    Monday- DOWN DAY-Injury prevention
    Tuesday- Back and Rear Delts
    Wednesday-DOWN DAY- Injury prevention
    Thursday-Biceps and Triceps
    Friday- Quad and Hamstrings
    Saturday- DOWN DAY- Injury Prevention
    Is this program the only way? No, nothing is written in stone. But, again based on anatomy, training intensity, and volume this set-up is optimal for rest and recuperation between body parts, allowing for continuous growth.
    Another term we use in our program is TARGET EXERCISE, which is where we choose an exercise or two that our micro cycles are built around.
    So what is periodization? In athletic terms...it is developing a program for the entire year to improve an athlete's strength, endurance,and flexibility to enhance performance, while minimizing injury. Periodization is the process of varying a training program at regular time intervals to bring about optimal gains in physical performance. Some proven benefits of periodization are improved muscular endurance, strength, power, motor performance, and/or muscle hypertrophy. The goal of periodizing an exercise program is to optimize training during short ( e.g., weeks, months) as well as long periods of time (e.g., years, a life-time, or an athletic career). Using this concept, a competitive athlete is able to peak physical performance at a particular point in time, such as for a major competition. The same concept works if your goal is overall health and fitness. Periodization will help maximize results in a minimal amount of time! Many training variables can be manipulated in an attempt to optimize the exercise program: the number of sets per exercise, repetitions per set, the types of exercises, number of exercises per training session, rest periods between sets and exercises, resistance used for a set, type and tempo of muscle action (e.g., eccentric, concentric, isometric), and the number of training sessions per day and per week.
    In a periodized exercise program, the terms volume and intensity are frequently used. In weight-training programs, the terms intensity refers to the weight lifted in relationship to a maximal strength level (e.g., one repetition maximum), or a multiple repetition maximum (e.g., 10 repetition maximum). The term training volume is used to reference the total number of sets, reps and exercises performed in a strength training program and the distance and/or time of a conditioning program.
    Our program is based on a 4-week cycle...again Mesocycles are broken down into microcycles.
    Week 1 is for strength and consists of compound exercises and reps at 3-5, choosing 3-4 different exercises. Weights are utilized at 80-90% of 1RM
    Week 2 & 3 are hypertrophy phases....volume is more and intensity based on 1 RM is around 65-80% allowing a workout design to utilize different reps.
    Week 4 is called endurance phase and utilizes bodybuilding concepts of superset, drop sets, and compound sets.

Q&A:

The first week is power week which consists of three to five reps
    The second week is superset week incorporated with drop sets
    The third week is power week BUT higher reps range- 6-8 reps
    The fourth and final week is high rep week- 15-25 repetitions.

I do anywhere between two to three working sets per exercise and about four movements on most bodyparts.

Irrelevant to the week in the cycle, every set is taken to FAILURE.

Explanation week1 (ndr.):
    For the first exercise which should be a mass movement, after you warmup, do three hard sets for 3-5 reps. Your second exercise is an isolation exercise, the first two sets keep with heavy poundage but VERY controlled and reps 6-8(reps are higher because it is a controlled movement). On the third movement, switching back to a mass movement, keep your reps 3-5.

Also remember to contract hard at the top position on each exercise.

In regards to the C.A.M.P. program week 2 the volume is increased and the intensity is based on the one rep max. you should be training with weights equivalent to 65-80% of your 1RM utilizing different reps ranges. Week four is more an endurance phase here your utilizing supersets, dropsets and compound sets training. I would keep my reps between 15-25 reps. All exercises are between two to three sets not including warmup sets.

As for failure..yes we go to failure with good form..ex say Incline Barbell Bench...after warmups we begin our 1st set at our max weight for 3-5 reps....for me thats 385..my goal is the target reps..and I my reps def. hit around the 4 mark and I push for the 5th....2nd and 3rd set I will adjust the weight depending on how i feel and what reps I got..if I just got 3..I will decrease the weight for the next set.

week 1- is strength use 80-90% of 1rm and compund mvts..
    week 2 and 3 are hypertrophy phase and 65-80% of 1rm we combine compund mvts and isolations exercises...these weeks volume might go up since intensity is down...
    week 4- is endurance and utilize everything from pre-exhaust, drop sets, supersets, etc...
    training during diet never changes...we train just as hard...just diet and cardio change...remember key when dieting is to hold your muscle and lose fat. exercises and sets vary week 1 might be 4 exercises and 9 sets total..where week 3 we might be up 12 sets...

Training split is
    Sunday- Chest and Shoulder
    Monday- Off
    Tuesday- Back
    Wednesday- Off
    Thursday- Arms
    Friday- Legs
    Saturday- Off

Abs 3x per week and Calves 2x- no specific days
    Da notare come nella seconda settimana utilizzi forzate e drop sets, mentre della quarta soprattutto drop sets e ssets con un rep range più alto.
    °°Underground Bodybuilding Militia TRAINER°°

"You eat, sleep, and drink hypertrophy. You live for the pump. You're a bodybuilder."-Joel Marion-

Predefinito

bene, di nuovo bravo... però mi dispiace ma ora la procedura non mi consente più di reputarti per un po' di tempo

Predefinito

Ahahah, ma sai che di quello non mi importa..era per ridere. Cmq diciamo che è un ottimo compromesso come metodo: molto votato al power bbing, un pò come il PRRS di Broser e alcuni protocolli di Thibudeau. Personalmente mi piace parecchio anche se potrei pensare ad alcune modifiche. La cosa interessante che in pochi notano è l'injury prevention...molto importante a certi livelli. Molti pro ad esempio, nonostante venga sconsigliato, lo utilizzano in 5 split e mettono l'injury prevention day a rotazione.
    °°Underground Bodybuilding Militia TRAINER°°

"You eat, sleep, and drink hypertrophy. You live for the pump. You're a bodybuilder."-Joel Marion-

Predefinito

Andando nello specifico troviamo indicazioni su come strutturare la week 2:
    primo ex. 6/8 reps
    secondo ex 8/10 reps
    terzo ex. 8/10 reps
    quarto ex. 6/8 reps (con seconda e terza serie, drop set per un tot di 30 reps)
    TUTTI GLI ESERCIZI IN 3 sets.

Per quanto riguarda la week 4 abbiamo:
    1 ex compound da 3/5 reps
    1 sset in cui si abbina un pre exahust in isolamento da 10/12 reps e un multiarticolare da 3/5 reps
    1 drop set in cui si imposta un peso da 6/8 reps e poi si "strippa" fino ad arrivare circa a 30 reps

La week 4 è molto lattacida quindi ben vengano in alternativa ssets, drop sets, jumpsets, cricuiti ecc.